Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ups and Downs, Strikes and Gutters

I recover from my illness, and Ruthie gets hit with a new one. This morning, she woke up and could barely walk because she was feeling weak and dizzy.

I encouraged her to cancel her beading classes and recoup for the day, mainly because I did a little too much while I was sick, and now I feel my recovery time dragging on. At least one of us needs to be up and running.

I spent the morning working on installing our video editing software and importing from the camera. It's very time consuming to figure out, but we'll have some great applications for it, as you can see from the video I posted earlier.

We're also looking forward to the summer, where we can work with the kids to find out what they are interested in exploring. We plan to have videography, guitar, art, and story writing "clubs" that the kids can sign up for. Eric will head up the guitar, Ruthie the art, and I the video and writing stuff.

When you help a kid find her/his real interest, you open up all sorts of doors for communication and mentoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment