Monday, May 11, 2009

Fleet Foxes

Monday is the new Sunday.  Ruthie and I slept in, then did lunch at the Continental Park Cafe in Stone Mountain Village.  It was one of our first date spots about seven years ago.

I spent some time looking for new indoor soccer shoes. The American-run places only had Sambas (which I might end up getting if nothing more exciting turns up), and the Mexican places favored shiny, small shoes. Any advice on where to get a good, affordable pair?

This evening, Eric and I decided to learn "White Winter Hymnal" by Fleet Foxes, so he printed out the chords and tabs and we got to work.  We both struggled with the vocal harmonies, and I kept playing rhythm guitar with too much swing. We had a few good moments.  When we nail it, I'll video it, and we'll post it on this blog.

Tomorrow, it's back to work from 8:00 in the morning til 9:00 at night.  Ay carumba.

1 comment: