Mission: To open doors for the gospel by building mutually beneficial relationships between the Christian, creative, and international communities in Atlanta.
Vision: Refugee Arts will lead the way in uniting Atlanta-area creatives, church leaders, immigrants and refugees to meet one another’s spiritual, physical, and relational needs. Our work will multiply as we create practical ministry models, mentor young people, and empower leaders to impact their own communities.
Distinctives: The following characteristics, founded on the life and teaching of Jesus Christ, define the work of Refugee Arts.
- Relational: Refugee Arts is defined by its love for God and its love for other people. Because of this, we give priority to building and sustaining loving personal relationships. Relationships between God and men are the goal, the method, and the outcome of our work.
- Peaceful: Refugee Arts exists to foster peace in communities divided by bitterness, ignorance, and pride. We will encourage communication between parties and subvert widespread bitterness with healing love.
- Humble: Refugee Arts refuses to condescend to the people it works with. We will show the same love to the poor and needy that we show to pastors, artists, and politicians. And we will remain open to the love that others show to us.
- Hospitable: Refugee Arts sees the home as the primary ministry center. We will invite guests into our homes, and we will visit those who open their homes to us. We will seek to live generously, and enjoy the generosity that others show to us.
- Holistic: Refugee Arts cares about individuals and communities in a holistic sense. Our passion to spread the gospel includes practical, consistent demonstrations of the love of Jesus, who fed the hungry, healed the sick, played with kids, and addressed the suffering of those around him.
- Creative: Refugee Arts acknowledges that we worship a creator God, and that we can know and experience him when we are creative. Our work, words, and wrelationships (w added for alliteration) will all be avenues for us to practice creativity.
Slogan: “Reaching the Ends of the Earth in Atlanta”