Monday, March 1, 2010

Break In

I took all kinds of meds and large amounts of caffeine to get me through a missions conference this weekend. Although I was feeling sick, I wanted to make the most of these opportunities. It turned out to be a rewarding time, and it seems like God ordained several connections that we made.

However, my illness caught up with me today. I spent the whole day in bed, and I didn't even feel like I could watch a movie because the the bright colors and noises hurt my head.

This evening, we got some bad news. Communicycle, the local bike co-op where I work with kids from the neighborhood to build their own bikes, had a break-in, and many of the tools went missing. They are valuable and not easily replaced.

Open Table Community, a church that has supported, encouraged, and hosted much of our ministry work, and the church that houses Communicycle, lost some important things in the burglary as well.

Ruthie is meeting up with leaders from Communicycle and Open Table to pray. They just moved into the neighborhood in January, and this could either galvanize the Church community or cause fear and division. We'll be praying for the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment