Saturday, May 23, 2009

Candy Crazed Samurai

Highlights of today:


  • Locust Grove: Despite the town's wierd name, which evokes images of devastated farmers or plagued Egyptians, I usually have a good time down there. I spent the morning watching anime, listening to music, and talking about "eschatological angst" with my friend Adam. It's a fitting name for my battle with depression, because I've been promised comfort in the beatitudes, but I'm living in a broken body in a broken world. Plenty of reasons to feel down.
  • Happy Birthday, Leslie: Leslie, who lives in the apartment next to us and goes to our program, had her seventh birthday today. 15 minutes before the event, when we learned we were invited, we ran out to Wal-Mart and got her a disney princess keyboard. It turned out to be fun, if a little uncomfortable because of language barriers. Leslie is a little angel until you give her a stick and sick her on a pinata. Holy Smokes. We had to leave the party a little early to get to....
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon...IN THE THIRD DIMENSION: Awesome. I have never been to a 3D movie before. The technology is really dated, but it's incredible to experience. It gives you a monster headache (notice the dazzling wordplay at work), but it's worth the pain to see the way the creature jumps out of the screen. Which leads me to a point I want to make about idiots at these events, particularly the ones behind me who thought their commentary was funny. They need to keep it down.

Okay, well, we got plenty of pictures and video, which would take forever to load, and it's 1:01 in the morning, and I need to stay awake in church tomorrow. Maybe we'll post them later. Goodnight, my dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment