Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Time Out

We had a beautiful time in North Carolina at my friend's wedding. We were able to spend time with his family, who have become like our own siblings.

I haven't been to the beach in at least two years, so I felt a childlike glee as we rode waves and burned ourselves to a crisp all day today. We left late in the afternoon, and after sorting out a few car problems, we took the seven hour drive and just arrived home (at 2:15 AM).

I made the mistake of checking my e-mails before bed, and now I doubt if I'll get much sleep tonight.

Anyway, the important news is that we had several opportunities to talk with old friends about our new work. It was helpful in two ways:
  1. We were able to talk through our vision and activities in a fresh way
  2. Our friends spoke uplifting words about Refugee Arts and where it is headed

So from here on out, I'll be doing some writing about the grand movements guiding the relationships you've been reading about (and experiencing as you watched videos, hosted village gatherings, and visited our home). Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment