Monday, June 1, 2009

It's Official!


Yesterday, our close friends and family joined us at Clarkston International Bible Church (CIBC)for our comissioning service. We took stock of where we have been, how we got here, and what we hope will happen with our work here.

A little about the crowd: Directly behind me is Alan Hill and his wife Emily. They are the parents of my high school friend David Hill. I spent a lot of time with their family when I lived in the Philippines, and they are now leaders at CIBC. They're heroes to me.

The dashing young couple in green and yellow shirts beside me are Adam and Kristi Fites. Our friendship with them has been, well, super cool. They have a big impact on what we do here, and I secretly think of Adam as a mentor, although I don't want him to get a big head about it.

Next to Ruthie are her mother, father, and aunt, and on the far side is Vanessa, one of the kids from Huntington Creek, where we do much of our work.

Behind the camera is legendary missionary Tim Cummins, who is pretty much responsible for us meeting, getting married, and coming back to Georgia to work.

We rise or fall with our community, and with these people around us, the forecast is pretty good.



No comments:

Post a Comment