Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What Full Time Really Means

Today the seminar seemed to move much more slowly, and my impending sickness snapped at my heels the whole time. Aziz and I sat through six sessions on writing, one of which was an open mic, which was led by yours truly.

I actually did the writing exercises along with the kids, and was quite proud of some of the results. I wrote one short story without using the letter "e," which I might post here on a slow day.

After the seminar, I walked Aziz home to his apartment complex, where I got to spend time with some of my favorite Nigerian missionaries, Bayo Otiti and Bennet Eckandem. We had some trouble getting Bennett to look at the camera:




After leaving Clarkston, I went straight to Communicycle, where Eric had brough David and Miguel to wrap up their bike projects. Miguel finished rebuilding his bike, and David completed a small bike he was building for his younger brother.

My friend Stephen was at Communicycle, and I invited him over to our place to talk about some major decisions he's making. He feels like he's being led to move into the Chamblee-Doraville area to get involved in helping the community.

We talked over dinner, and then we prayed together, at which time yours truly started crying at the thought of all the good things that have happened here.

Tomorrow, I'll get to sleep in, so hopefully my body won't crash too hard from this recent sprint. It's back to work in the afternoon. Anyway, I'll close this post with a picture of Stephen, Eric, and me smiling before the conversation got so serious:

No comments:

Post a Comment