Friday, July 24, 2009

Jam Session

Aziz had a rough week, and I thought it would be a good idea to invite him over to our place to hang out with the North Fam. I ran down to Clarkston and picked him up after finishing work.

When Aziz and I arrived at my place, Vanessa and Jennifer were out on the porch getting some quality time with Rocket, our pet dinosaur:


We were about to start watching a documentary when Eric stopped us to show off the new effects pedals he got for his guitar. We ended up pretending to rock out for a while, resulting in the following photos:





After we were all fake-rocked out, we started a documentary called "Rivers and Tides," about Andy Goldsworthy, one of my favorite artists.

This evening, after all the activity was over, Ruthie and I decided to go for a run. Ruthie ran about 3 miles, and I ended up running around Stone Mountain in 41 minutes. According to their website, it's a 5-mile loop. That means I'm getting closer to the 8 minute mile pace I'm shooting for.

When I started running a few months back, I promised myself that I wouldn't get into timing myself or pushing for longer distances. I wanted to keep it steady and enjoyable. But I couldn't resist the challenge of doing faster, longer runs. So now I'm timing myself and trying to go farther faster. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment