Monday, July 20, 2009

A Creature of Leisure

Work is banned from our household on Monday, and the time is given to refilling what has been drained by the previous week.

I needed the rest badly. On Sunday afternoon, I took a five-hour nap, got up for a few hours, then went back to sleep until this morning.

As a result, I awoke early. I love waking up before Ruthie, making a pot of coffee, and watching a slow-paced, black-and-white movie. Today's early morning movie was Akira Kurosawa's High and Low. It was a japanese crime movie about the relationship between a wealthy man and a kidnapper.

When Ruthie woke up, we headed down to little five points, Atlanta's gathering place for counter-culture types, their admirers, and tourists who like to dip into rebellion for a few hours here and there. Ruthie has some Refugee Beads stuff on sale in one of the stores, so she wanted to check on that, and I wanted to pick up a CD by Elvis Perkins in Dearland.

The store selling Ruthie's stuff was closed, but I found the CD at Criminal Records. I've listened to it twice, and it's growing on me. Here's the latest video from the album: Chains, Chains, Chains.

Anyway, a bunch of other stuff happened, including a 5-mile run around Stone Mountain and reading a few short stories. It was all very relaxing, and I feel a little better about facing the rest of the week. Hopefully I can keep the blog posts coming a little more regularly this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment