Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mr. Muscles on the Court

Tuesday nights are basketball night. A burglar broke into the bike shop where we normally go and stole the tools, so we asked the same group of kids if they wanted to shoot hoops during that time instead. While it started as a way to fill time until the new tools came in, basketball night has become a ministry of its own, with a unique tone and set of opportunities.

Luis and Edgar are brothers who I've been spending a lot of time with. Both aspiring rappers, we've been working on their storytelling style, and Josh Feit has been helping them record some material. Although I can't remember what we were talking about at the time this photo was taken, it looks like I'm telling Edgar, Luis, and their friend Eric to "hang loose."
My nickname in the bike shop was "Mr. Muscles" due to my "leave no bolt unturned" approach to mechanics. Edgar, my sidekick, is "Muscles Jr." Here we are strutting our stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment