Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Back to Biz

My dear readers, we have much to catch up on.

I started my day with three meetings. First, I got together with Bob Mulloy, who will be helping me teach English to some of the men in the community. After finishing with Bob, I met my friend David Park downtown to observe a food co-op in action. David and I are plotting ways to get a co-op running for the families here at Huntington Creek.

Finally, at lunch, we got to meet Marlene Haller from Movers and Shakers, a ministry that helps furnish homes for immigrants and refugees.

After that, it was back to the apartment/ministry center to run the afterschool program. I was in charge of the story today, so we read a book about a kid who gets an alligator in the mail. We had a great time reading it together.



Of course, everyone had to finish their homework first:


This shot is an older one of Jennifer going to school with one of the guitars that Ruthie's aunt donated. Because of this donation, Jennifer has been able to join guitar club and start learning this instrument.


Here's another one of Junior trying to smile and hide his teeth at the same time:


Jennifer and Vanessa have become like part of our family. We let them in last week to borrow a few movies.


Here's a few shots of the kids eating chicken noodle soup. We feed all of them a hot meal every time that we run the afterschool program:






Well, if you're still reading, thanks for sticking with us. More to come tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I am. :) I love the glimpse in your lives, and I LOVE how you have opened up your lives to these kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your ministry is an awesome blessing to those kids and an encoruagement to other believers

    keep fighting the good fight! we're reading and praying.

    ReplyDelete