Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Few Caveats

One of the decisions I have made with this blog is to keep it honest. So when we see things a certain way, or when something is a struggle for us, or when we don't like the way things are going, I try to say so.

This has been good and bad. Sometimes people involved read our blogs and are not exactly thrilled with the things we say. Sometimes those people's feelings really matter to us.

In the last few months, I've posted about two things which warrant an update, and maybe a correction:
  • The political problems that I discussed at our church have been resolved. Our relationships are healthy and loving. We just had to get through a rough patch. I still struggle with the big concept of church, but thankfully we have peace at our little church.
  • I have taken out some frustrations with our apartment management on this blog as well. But they care about us, and they seem to want us there. It's just a difficult job to keep a complex in working order. We understand that, and we hope to develop a more positive relationship with the new property manager in the future.

So I won't go back and unwrite the things I've written, but I would like to qualify them with the fact that we are not really qualified to judge why or how people do what they do, and that we are thankful for the team we have to work with, both at church and in the apartment office.

1 comment:

  1. Well, if it counts for anything, the honesty on this blog paints you guys in a realistic light, instead of a all-sanctifying, always optimistic shade.

    It's great to hear about the triumphs and the satisfactions of your ministry that confirms you guys are doing what God wants for you. And it's even more refreshing to hear the struggle to get the point where you say something like the previous sentence.

    I'm encouraged by all the more by the unanswered questions and the honest doubts along the way.

    ReplyDelete