Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lightning

Our camera cord is currently MIA, so we'll have to continue with the dry-as-a-bone textbook-style blog posts until we can re-introduce the multimedia element.

Right now, I have an enjoyable side job to help us eat while the ministry and support raising stuff gets in gear.  So as I prepared for this job, Ruthie headed out to an incredible day of hanging out with our fellow missionaries (trust me, it's way more fun than it sounds), eating frozen yogurt, and watercolor painting with the kids at our activities center.  

I arrived home from said job, frazzled and exhausted, to an apartment (slash activities center) full of kids. I had to kick a few of them out of my massage chair so I could properly recoup.  After a few minutes of joking around and watching them interact, I was cheered by their shenanigans and goings-on.  

We have such a great bunch at this complex.  I see the hellions that my partners have to deal with at other locations, and I thank God that he's made this part of our ministry so enjoyable.

After a hearty meal with Tim, Jesse, and Ashley Cummins, I spent a few hours on logistical, paperwork-type stuff.  My brother Eric and I retired to the patio to watch the lightning, and now here I am, back at my computer, trying to create some electricity of my own with this dynamic blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment